20100727

interview in NAM

I've been interviewed by New American Media. It got chopped up a lot and the questions were initially written in Korean, and when they got translated at NAM they no longer fit my answers, which as a result look even farther off topic than they would otherwise, even when I venture off myself...

About being at the 한국일보....
Just like the local paper in an American city with a population of under 50,000 is going to be full of stories about the swearing in of a new president at the Lion's Club and the 20th anniversary gala of the bingo club that meets weekly at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Korean papers in America are full of stories about the community itself. I think this inevitably just has to be the basic staple, but with a tiny staff trying to cover any Korean event of this nature from Sacramento to Monterey, doing stories that provide analysis and perspective beyond the daily rat race often feels like a luxury.

댓글 없음:

팔로어