20160925

junk store photo finds, that really stand out

I always sift through the photography stacks at stores selling old stuff. I've got no criteria other than that anything I leave with be something that really stands out. These are my latest finds, both under $5. 

I found the gentleman on the postcard at Early Bird Antiques and Collectibles in Blairsville, Georgia.

The blackface bozos I found at SwapShop in Oakland. The backside was glued to black construction paper at one point, presumably for display. (Ugh).

Today is the opening of the Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History and Culture so it's a better-than-average time to post these somewhere (with apologies to the postcard gentleman for posting him next to the others). They don't "go together," but they'd be in the same museum archive somewhere. And I'm willing to donate if someone has a good suggestion.



 


댓글 없음:

팔로어